The Performance report matches your club’s Compound Annual Return figures over several time periods against the Vanguard 500 Index Fund, one of several other funds, and a specific company ticker, if you choose.
Performance Report Options
There are three options available for this report
- The start and end date of the report
- The ability to enter a custom ticker to match vs. the club's portfolio
- This can be a common stock, mutual fund, or exchange traded fund as long as it is in the myICLUB database of North American securities (securities that are traded on the New York Stock Exchange, American Stock Exchange, Nasdaq, Toronto Stock Exchange, Toronto Venture Exchange, and selected OTC securities).
- The ability to choose from several secondary Indexes, to matche your club against.
- iShares Core U.S. Aggregate Bond ETF (AGG)
- iShares MSCI Emerging Index Fund (EEM)
- ISHARES MSCI EAFE IDX FD (EFA)
- iShares iBoxx $ High Yield Corp Bond ETF (HYG)
- iShares Core S&P Small Cap (IJR)
- iShares S&P 500/BARRA Growth Index Fund (IVW)
- iShares Russell 2000 Index Fund (IWM)
- iShares Tr DJ US Industrial Index (IYJ)
- iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (TLT)
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSMX)
Performance Report Description
The performance report is divided into two sections: a text only chart, and a bar graph. Both show the club return for various time periods: A custom date that can be set using the from and to options at the bottom of the report page, then returns from the start of the club, and then set intervals of 1, 3, 5, and 10 years. When looking at the report, keep in mind that the 1, 3, 5, and 10 year columns rely on calendar year data. No matter when during a year you look at the report, it only uses data from completed years. In December of 2023 for example, the 1 year column report would still be using 01/01/2022 to 01/01/2023 for the return calculation.
These column dates are applied to the Club, as well as the Vanguard 500 Index Fund, whichever other Index has been selected, and the custom ticker, if used.