Portfolio Summary Report
The Portfolio Summary Report gives a quick overview of stocks that might be compelling buys or sells, using data and judgment from each StockWatcher's most recent BetterInvesting Online Tools SSG stock study. This report is intended to help give an overview of portfolio, and encourage the club to investigate further on whether stocks should be bought, held or sold. All the judgment-related items in this report use data and judgment from each StockWatcher's most recent BetterInvesting Online Tools SSG stock study.
Portfolio Summary Description
The Portfolio Summary is divided up into several sections
- Ticker, Company, %Port, Price Date, Price: These first columns show general information on the stock, including its ticker, name, % of your club's portfolio, date of last closing, and the price on that date.
- The % Portfolio column only counts stock value. Depending on the amount of cash the club has, the values here may be significantly different than those on the Valuation report.
- If the price is more than 7 days old, the report highlights the date in red.
For the following columns, if any of the following numbers would be less than, or equal to 0.0 , the report displays N/A
- Curr P/E: The P/E ratio based on the current price, and earnings for the individual stock.
- Relative Value: A comparison between the Current and Average P/E. While there is no ‘perfect’ Relative Value, we general consider a good relative value as something between 90 and 110. If this figure would be less than, or equal to 0.0 , the report displays N/A.
- Total Return: The potential total return for the stock, based on the linked SSGPlus stock study.
- Reward/Risk: Calculated by dividing the “distance” from the current price to the potential high price and dividing it by the “distance” from the current price to the potential low price. As with the Relative Value, there is no ‘perfect number, but 3 (3 to 1 on an ssg) is generally considered a good number that offers the potential to triple your money if the stock reaches and is sold at its high price.
- Buy Below and Sell Above: A range of prices in which the stock could be bought or sold, and expected to give a good return for the club. As with the Total Return, Relative Value, and Reward/Risk figures, these are calculated using an Analyst Consensus Estimates (ACE) of EPS growth.
- Rec: Shows a Buy, Sell or Hold recommendation, based on where the current price falls, in the Buy / Hold / Sell range established by the linked SSG.
* Judgments here are based on Analyst estimates from Morningstar where available. If Morningstar does not provide Analyst figures for a given stock, we will substitue with our own calculations, based on EPS growth rate projections from our Take Stock tool. If Analysts EPS Growth rate (or our own Take Stock EPS Growth Rate, if analyst figures are not available) for any company in the Judgment section are at or below 0, the report will show N/A, in the Judgment Section.