The Performance report matches your club’s Compound Annual Return figures over several time periods against the Vanguard 500 Index Fund, and one of several other funds.
Performance Report Options
There are two options available for this report: The start and end date of the report, and which of the secondary Indexes the report matches your club against. The options for secondary Indexes are currently:
- Ishares Core ETF (AGG)
- ISHARES MSCI EMERG MKTS IDX FD (EEM)
- ISHARES MSCI EAFE IDX FD (EFA)
- iShares iBoxx $ High Yld Crprt Bnd Fd (HYG)
- iShares Core S&P Small Cap (IJR)
- iShares S&P 500/BARRA Growth Index Fund (IVW)
- iShares Russell 2000 Index Fund (IWM)
- iShares Tr DJ US Industrial Index (IYJ)
- ISHARES TR LEH 20+ YR TRES BD (TLT)
- Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSMX)
Performance Report Description
The performance report contains six columns; the first column is for a custom date that can be set using the from and to options on the report page. The remaining columns show the returns from the start of the club, and then the returns at 1, 3, 5, and 10 years.
These column dates are applied to the Club, as well as the Vanguard 500 Index Fund, and whichever other Index has been selected.
Return figures on the Performance report vs the Valuation
If you regularly use the check-box on the Valuation report that enables the Compound Annual Return column, you will likely notice that the return figures on the two reports will not match. This is because the Valuation measures the return of the securities the club has (or had, if the report is for a past date) on hand. The performance report includes all cash transactions.