How can I make a screenshot, or capture an error on screen
Sometimes it may be easier to send in a picture of an error or alert box than to try to describe it over email. In that case, the following steps will describe how to create an image that you can attach when submitting a support request at https://www.iclub.com/support/new_ticket.aspx
Saving The Image
- Open the software (or navigate to the web page, if using one of our online service), and do exactly what you did to get the error message.
- Once the error message appears on screen, do NOT close it or the software.
- Hold down the ALT key and hit the PrtScr (Print Screen) key, generally in the upper-right corner of your keyboard. This captures an IMAGE of the error message.
- Go to the Start menu, and in the Search Box, type paint.
- In Windows 8, hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and tap the letter C; the search button will appear on the right -hand side of the screen as a magnifying glass.
- Click, or double-click the listing for Paint to launch the program.
- Once Paint has launched, select Paste, from the Edit menu. This puts the image of the screen capture into a graphics form.
- From the File menu, select Save As. Name the file screen_capture_issue.
- In the file Type section, select JPEG (can show up as .jpg or .jpeg as well) as the format type.
- Save the image to your Desktop.
Sending The Image
- Open your web browser, and go to https://www.iclub.com/support/new_ticket.aspx
- Alternately, you can start at www.iclub.com, and then navigate to Support, and click on the Contact Support link
- Select the program or web site you have a question about from the My question is about the following product drop-down menu.
- Fill in the subject and details of the issue, and then make sure to click the attach a file link under the Submit button.
- Click the Choose File button, and make sure to select Desktop on the left hand side of the window, so you can find your file.
- Double-clck on the file; this will return you to the support ticket page, where the file will now be listed next to the Choose File button.
- Click the Attach button, and the file will be attached to your support ticket.
- If you have more than one file, you can repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 to attach more than one file.
- When you are finished attaching files, click the Submit Request button, and the support ticket will be sent to ICLUBcentral's support department.