Removing a former / withdrawn member from the people page
A withdrawal in Club Accounting online does not automatically make a person inactive, so you may see a withdrawn member showing up on the People page, or when entering new transactions.
You can take the following steps to mark a member inactive:
- Click the PEOPLE tab near the top of the page.
- For any member that has left the club, but is still showing up on this page, click the WITHDRAW button in the Tools column, on the right-hand side of the page.
- If a withdrawal has already been entered for the member, a screen will appear showing their information, and the system will ask if you would like to withdraw or remove the member.
- Click YES to mark the person inactive, and return to the People page. You can repeat this process for as many members as needed.
- If at any time you would like to see a list of inactive members, look near the top-right of the People page for the Show Former Members link. Clicking this link will show a section titled Former Members; this includes anyone who has ever had transactions in the club. Note that you can also reinstate a member from here as well, if they were removed accidentally, or have returned to the club after withdrawing in the past.
Once the former members have been marked as such, they will not show up when making member entries, and selecting Current members on any report will now only show members still in the club.
NOTE: If these former members are showing up with some fractional number of units, or a dollar value, you will need to first re-do their withdrawal. In that case, please reply back to let us know, and I will send you steps on re-entering a member withdrawal.
If, after taking the steps listed above, you are running a report that shows former members, keep in mind that the online accounting system has an option for most member related reports to show former members, as well as current ones. Make sure that the report is set to show only Current Members, as follows:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the report, where the From and To dates are listed.
- Next to this will be a list drop-down menu, which defaults to showing All Members. Click the menu, and several options will appear.
- Near the top of the list, you will see listings for All Members, Current Members, Former members, and then a list of specific members.
- Click on Current Members, and then click the SUBMIT button next to the From and To dates.
- Most times, this will remove the withdrawn members, and show the information you're looking for.