The price for a single stock is not updating, or is otherwise incorrect.
This is generally caused by entering an incorrect ticker symbol during a Buy, Merger or other transaction, or by the security company changing its symbol. For example, Harley Davidson changed its symbol from HDI to HOG. Unless the treasurer manually changes the symbol to HOG in Club Accounting, the prices will not update.
First, we suggest to check the ticker symbol:
- Go to Accounting > Utilities > Get Stock Quote.
- On the main part of the page, click Symbol Lookup.
- Enter the company name, and click the Lookup button.
- Find the company name in the list, and copy down the correct ticker symbol.
Once you have found the correct symbol, here's how to change the symbol in your Club Accounting.
- Go to Accounting > Securities.
- Click on Security Settings.
- Click Edit next to the name of the security you want to edit.
- In the Edit Security Settings screen, enter the new symbol in BOTH available fields. There is a box near the top of the page under "Symbol" and another near the bottom next to "Quote Symbol".
- Click Submit.