What is the Portfolio Yield report?
The Portfolio Yield report has two main sections; one for the securities that pay dividends, and one for securities that do not.
The first section breaks down into Current dividend information, Payout Ratio and information about upcoming dividends.
- Price - The most recent closing price
- Div - The total a shareholder would have received from the last four dividends, for holding one share of stock
- Yield - Shows the percentage of cash received vs. the market price of the stock. It's designed to show the return earned on every dollar spent.
Payout Ratio - Shows the portion of company earnings distributed as dividends to shareholders.
Next Payable - any information in italics in this section means that the company has not made an official announcement; we are estimating based on previous hisotry and company performance.
- Date - The payout date of the next dividend.
- /Share - The dividend per share.
- Total - The total the club should receive, based on the number of shares held.
As noted, the second section shows the securites the club holds, that do not issue dividends.